Wednesday, May 5, 2010

First Week in Sudley A-email from Elder Allen


So I'm now in Manassas, VA! Wow, what a beautiful place! The center of the city is OK, but the outskirts that we drove through on the way here, and right where our apartment is located, are some of the most beautiful landscapes I've ever seen. Trees and open fields and all green. I love it! The downside is the weather... days like today are just fine. But today is a minority. 90%+ humidity is something I've never expierenced before, and man is it horrible! It's like swimming down the street! I'm on a bike every other day to conserve miles, and at 95 degrees, 90% humidity, and 3 hours worth of tracting... wow, you're ready to go back inside!! And not many hispanics make use of their AC either. Ugh!
But, I'll have you know the work is better than ever. I have never worked so hard in my life!! We already have 4 with a baptismal date, over 15 investigators, and I got to see a baptism my second day here! It's incredible. we only have a branch, and only 15% of the ward list is active, but the active members are strong and willing to help. Our new members are incredible. Elder Tovar, my new companion, only has one more transfer than I, yet is District Leader and senior companion. That little columbian man knows how to work! And I totally love it.
Hardest work brings the most reward, and I've never felt more fufilled in my life! I'll keep you all updated on any new baptisms and events happing here in the Sudley Branch in Manassas, VA. In the mean time, I appreciate all your prayers and support, and wish you all an incredible week!


Love,
Elder Jared C. Allen

No comments:

Post a Comment